Pages

Friday 7 October 2011

So sorry

            

This card actually started out as a birthday card but due to some events that happened just before my friends birthday the card shifted gears to one of encouragement and understanding.  The mood just needed to be different...I figure we'll just move her birthday to a later date when she feels more like celebrating.

This summer my friends 2 year old son noticed some random pink petunias growing in their flower garden that weren't planted there on purpose.  Upon his discovery he said "Mommy...the pink flowers make me so happy!  Do the pink flowers make you happy?"  So it has become our little thing in our circle of friends that we need to think about pink flowers when we're feeling down.  That is where the inspiration for this card came from. This card was a little bit different for me but I am very pleased with how it turned out.  Inside the card I put a short letter of encouragment and dropped off the card today with some pink flowers waiting for her to come home from work.

So rememember...smile whenever you see pink flowers.  :)





                            Photobucket

2 comments:

Jackie Lupien said...

Beautiful card and even more beautiful story!!

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Very sweet. What a great friend you are!