Pages

Friday 21 November 2008

80th Birthday Card


My husband's Great Uncle Tom just celebrated his 80th birthday and this is the card I made to celebrate the day. It was inspired by a card in CTMH's Originals card book. I was really happy with it.
I used Colonial White and made the the card base a standard 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. I stamped the corner flourishes (Legendary Moments SS) in Bamboo and then stamped the words in each corner (Happy Birthday SS) in Juniper. I distressed the edges of the card with a sponge and Chocolate ink (it is far more distressed looking in real life). I used K&Co. cardstock number sticker for the 80 and mounted it on Colonial White cardstock with edges distressed the same as the base. I mounted this using Pop Dots onto a mat which I stamped using the paisley background stamp (Adorable Backgrounds SS) on Barn Red CS using Chocolate ink. It was really simple and rustic looking and I was really pleased with how it turned out. In real life the distressing shows more...it looks very vintage...my photos never quite show the detail. But I disgress. I wanted something a bit more masculine and I think I acheived that.
All products used were by Close to my Heart unless otherwise noted.

No comments: